A great majority of the studies conducted by MSS are indeed multi-sponsored research studies; however, about 20% - 30% of MSS' business is ad hoc for individual clients, split equally among influencer and consumer studies. At any given time MSS conducts custom qualitative studies to assist marketers in making astute and informed product and marketing decisions.
MSS is well versed in a multitude of Qualitative methods such as:
- Focus Groups and Triads
- In-Depth Interviews (IDI)
- Ideation Sessions
Parallel Thinking guides thought processes in one direction at a time so we can effectively analyze issues, generate new ideas, and make better decisions. Six Thinking Hats helps put opinions aside so the focus is on a way forward, without argument… to separate emotion from facts, the positive from the negative and critical thinking from creative thinking.
- White Hat thinking focuses on data, facts, information known or needed
- Red Hat thinking focuses on feelings, hunches, gut instinct, and intuition
- Yellow Hat thinking focuses on values and benefits. Why something may work
- Black Hat thinking focuses on difficulties, potential problems. Why something may not work
- Green Hat thinking focuses on creativity, possibilities, alternatives, solutions, new ideas
- Blue Hat thinking focuses on the thinking process, focus, next steps, action plans
Heuristic Ideation is a very efficient group technique that helps to generate new and innovative ideas. The participants compare two items or concepts that are not apparently related, in order to stimulate idea generation.